Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Is it ok to Gargle with peroxide and brush your teeth with baking soda to whitening them?

My mom said i can use those if i want to whiten my teeth, she does it and her teeth are really white...does anyone know if its bad or not??Is it ok to Gargle with peroxide and brush your teeth with baking soda to whitening them?
It is OK to brush your teeth with a bit of baking soda( I recommend only once a day), but there toothpaste that use baking soda, and have that nice minty fresh taste we have become used to. (My favorite is Arm %26amp; Hammer toothpaste) I haven't professionally whitened my teeth, I drink wine and coffee, and I am very happy with the results)


I DON'T recommend gargling with peroxide unless you have a cut or ulcer that requires short periods of treatment. Peroxide is not recommended for daily use, and it has been proven to cause cancer when used for long periods of time.Is it ok to Gargle with peroxide and brush your teeth with baking soda to whitening them?
Peroxide is an oxidizer and slightly weakens your teeth. It does however whiten them very well if you brush or gargle with it quickly. Just remember to always brush with flouride toothpaste immediately after to strengthen your teeth back. (Flouride teeth are stronger than natural teeth). As for cancer causing peroxide has not been shown to cause cancer in the doses used for mouth care.
I do it all the time. It can't hurt you and the peroxide will help you avoid any gum disease also. I'm not sure if it will whiten like the modern whitening products, but soda snd peroxide are cheap and won't hurt you.
MUM WAS CORRECT, GARGLE W/IT BUT DON'T SWALLOW.
i've gargled with peroxide before and theres nothing wrong with it. its a germ killer, and as long as you dont swallow it; it cant harm you. i-personally- think that it works quit well, but i've never brushed my teeth with baking soda before..lol! you might wanna read the back of the box first and make sure it cant hurt you!! good-luck.
Hydrogen Peroxide is toxic. It says on the outside of the bottle that it should be used only on the outer body. Using baking soda to whiten your teeth will help, but there are toothpastes out there that will do that for you so you can avoid the taste of the baking soda.
I don't know any facts for sure, however I grew up gargling with peroxide and brushing with baking soda and I still use it today. Not everyday, though. But at least 3 times a week. I use 'regular' toothpaste and gargle the other days. My mom and sister still do the same today. It has not harmed my teeth or gums at all and my dentist states that my full mouth is healthy.
It is better to use Listerine to gargle.It kills germs.
well...the baking soda is pretty abrasive. i wouldn't use that too much, you'll be removing enamel.

No comments:

Post a Comment