Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Does anyone know to clean a silcone basting brush? Cant seem to get the food smell out!?

I soak mine in white vinegar. It breaks down the grease and anything like BBQ sauce that I basted with. Then I take my dish brush and ';comb'; out any solids and particles, rinse and let air dry. I also put it in the dishwasher on the top rack about every 3 times I use it and set it to the short cycle and air dry.Does anyone know to clean a silcone basting brush? Cant seem to get the food smell out!?
Mix vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl and let it soak overnight, then clean with good ole soap and water.Does anyone know to clean a silcone basting brush? Cant seem to get the food smell out!?
Try with a tablespoonful of white wine vinegar %26amp; a small drop of fresh lemon juice.This works well
Vinegar and baking soda is a potent cleaning combination.





Edit: Now I read the first two- great minds think alike- we all have success with vinegar!!!
Try putting it in the dishwasher.
Buy a product called';Natures Miracle'; sold in pet stores and Feed %26amp; Grains..it's a clear liquid designed to elimanate all ordors and stains.


Pour some into a glass and put the brush in it and let sit for 1 hour..then wash. The problem should be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment