Sunday, December 27, 2009

How long do I brush my teeth for.?

I eat four meals a day and brush my teeth after each one of those meals. Do I still brush my teeth for the entire three minutes or do minimize the time.How long do I brush my teeth for.?
According to the American Dental Association, you should brush your teeth twice a day. Brushing your teeth helps to remove plaque which causes tooth decay and can lead to gum disease.





Always use a soft bristled toothbrush with a toothpaste that contains fluoride. Make sure that the toothbrush fits inside of your mouth so that you can easily reach all areas. When brushing, use gentle back and forth strokes, brushing all sides of the teeth. Always brush your tongue to remove any bacteria and keep your breath fresh.





Note from my personal dentist: A good way to be sure you are brushing your teeth for the proper amount of time is to brush with the radio on. An average song is 3-4 minutes in length and that is the proper amount of time you should spend each time brushing your teeth.





Happy Brushing!How long do I brush my teeth for.?
You brush the buccal surface (the surface by your teeth and lips) in small circular motions and the occlusal surfaces (the part you bite with) back and forth for a total of two minutes. Don't forget to floss because food get stuck in between teeth. I was told in dental school to floss before brushing to loosen plaque and stuck-on food.
most people brush too hard and cause receding gums. i say cut back to two minutes and always brush away from the gums toward the end of the tooth
2-3 minutes will do as long as you make it QUALITY BRUSHING. Lleave no food debris in your mouth and throat. Brush in an up-down direction. Gargle thoroughly after applying the toothpaste. Consider this as a HABIT to ensure maximum DENTAL HYGIENE.
It's simple, two minutes.
Two minutes a time is a good goal to shoot for. Don't forget the dental floss either 1x/day is usually sufficient with that.
three minutes... that is needed to get all teeth fully cleane
about 1 minute
2 minutes is the average brushing time that the dentists recommend. :)
Unless you have braces two minutes should do. Its good that your brush four times a day but three times should do also. Sometimes brushing too much can cause gum irration and you don't want that.
for a minute i would say

No comments:

Post a Comment