Friday, January 8, 2010

Is it ok to vacuum my computer keyboard with the soft brush attachment set on LOW suction?

A computer salesman told me this is the best way to clean it followed by a computer cleaning wipe. %26lt;i have been unable to locate a can of compressed air to blow out the dust%26gt;Is it ok to vacuum my computer keyboard with the soft brush attachment set on LOW suction?
Sure, most vacuum cleaners won't damage a keyboard if you use them properly and your keyboard isn't crap.Is it ok to vacuum my computer keyboard with the soft brush attachment set on LOW suction?
I use the vacuum cleaner on high suction - it would take a lot more suck than that to pull the keys off your keyboard.


DON'T use compressed air - all that does is to blow the gunge deeper into the keyboard, where it can cause ';dead keys'; by preventing electrical contact.
of course
yes
yes
theres only one way to find out
I vacuum my laptop weekly and have on occasion sucked up a key. I just have to open up my Dyson vacuum and get it back.





Go for it!
i usually have a box of kleenex handy
Sure you can. I bought 3M Dust Remover from Wal-Mart last week.
i do it every week, and i put my vacuum on high power suction and never lost a key yet.
yea its completely fine, it works for me all the time
yes, and you can find canned air at the store.
Yes it's fine to do this - it's what i do. I bought a can of compressed air once and when i sprayed it onto the pc, wattery stuff came out and almost ruined my Pc. Just keep vacuming it as that will suck up dust etc rather than blowing it somewhere else.
That is the way I clean my keyboard and sometimes the air vents on my computer. It has never caused any harm.
I got a good cleaner from a cheapo odds an sods shop.拢2.50.
No problem put it on full suction, if you loose a key then a new key pad and probably a lot better than what you have got and the cost is less than 拢 20. Compressed air in a canister is available from some of the Plumb Centres ( Plumbers merchants) We use it to clean some of the more complicated central heating boilers. Look at some of the computer fairs if you have them near you. Many good both hardware and software deals available along with consumables.
yep its fine, i do it all the time. Maybe thats where my L key has gone :) (only joking) L is still sitting there next to K
yes.
As long as you aren't logged on to any thing vitaly important, yep, best way.





If your looking for cans of compressed air, I reckon you want to look at RS ( Radio Spares ) depending where you come from.





I used to work in a place that provided them in bulk.
yes its fine i do it often no dead skin on my keyboard yuck
yes, but only on low suction, else you might lose some of your p's and q's... its better to dust and remain polite?
yeah thatd be fine wouldnt cause any damage
Yeah if you want all the innards of the keyboard to end up in the vac bag then go ahead (sounds like a good wheeze pal).

No comments:

Post a Comment