Friday, January 8, 2010

How many times do you brush in a day and why that many time do you brush? Be specific............ ?

PRACTICALLY, after breakfast and before bedtime will suffice, two minutes each timeHow many times do you brush in a day and why that many time do you brush? Be specific............ ?
I brush and floss 4 times a day, once in the morning, after lunch, after dinner and i brush with flouride prevident before bed. I'm 29 and i learned my lesson about brushing and flossing properly because I now have an entire mouthful of fillings I need to take care of! I also now have an active retainer appliance to straighten my top teeth, so I have to take it out to eat, brush and floss anyway!How many times do you brush in a day and why that many time do you brush? Be specific............ ?
twice with antifluoridal toothpaste. only twice because its habit when i wake up to get rid of morning breathe and at night to just clean them. the reason to not use fluoride is because it east away tooth enamel. my sis brushed her teeth 5 times a day with fluoride toothpaste, has 8 fillings. i only brush mine twice, sometimes once cuz i forget without fluoride, no cavities and prefectly healthy teeth.
Based on my experience as a dental assistant, its recommended to thoroughly brush and floss at least twice a day. I use to work in a periodontal office, and with hygienists (where they do gum surgery's and stuff). Too often people brush, but don't floss. Flossing is even more important than brushing in a sense. It doesn't matter what order it is done in. I have met patients that brushed 2 or 3 times a day, but did not floss and even with the brushing alone they still developed gum disease and needed perio surgery.





when brushing, always use toothpaste that has fluoride in it! use a soft or medium bristle tooth brush. don't brush real hard either, its known to cause the gums to receed. when flossing, always use a new piece of floss to go between each tooth,(be careful not to force the floss between tight spaces, you could cut your gums) waxed floss is recommended.





electronic toothbrushes preferably (sonicare) are alot better than manual hand brushing but, if you don't have an electronic toothbrush, its ok.


I would like to add that brushing after everything you eat is best. If thats not possible, chew gum (trident, or any other gum thats sugar free) or rinse out ur mouth with water or mouthrinse. the reason being is right after u eat, fermentable carbohydrates mixed with plaque and saliva create ';acid'; which starts eating through the enamel of the teeth (decay).
Brush in the morning when I wake up because I love the smooth feeling behind my teeth, not the crappy plaque feeling. At night before I go to bed because I don't like morning breath. And I swish with Listerine Smartrinse haha after everytime.
i brush my teath twice a day because one after breakfest and one after dinner. I brush my teah after the two main meals of the day to get all the junk off my teath and my tounge.
I brush my teeth after everything I eat, and I mean EVERYTHING.


%26amp; why? because I like to keep my teeth clean.
twice...in the morning and when i go to bed


morning: get rid of morninng breath-it feels good too


before bed: clean them, no plaque bild up from dinner
twice at least, 3 the most- why? Because I'm going to school for dental hygiene and I love to take care of my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment