Friday, January 8, 2010

Am I not allowed to brush my teeth after my wisdom teeth surgery?

I got them out this morning. am I not allowed to brush them till tomorrow?Am I not allowed to brush my teeth after my wisdom teeth surgery?
That is because they cut your gums open. So sometimes the actual toothpaste can be an irritant. But one of the main reasons, is because they put in stitches. The tooth brush bristles can irritate the tissue. Which can make them start to bleed again. The tooth brush bristles can also get stuck on one of the stitches, and pull it out. The gum tissue heals pretty fast, but you want to give it at least 24 hours to grow back together. So basiclly they dont want to bother the tissue or the stiches to let it start to properly heal. DONT LISTEN TO THE FIRST PERSON. DO NOT BRUSH. We say this stuff for a reason.Am I not allowed to brush my teeth after my wisdom teeth surgery?
You can still brush them, just be really gentle toward the back of your mouth.
your best advice is to call your dentist an ask him. I got a tooth pulled yesterday and he told me to rinse my mouth with salt water 3 times a day but only brush the other teeth and rinse well. ask your dentist

No comments:

Post a Comment