Friday, January 8, 2010

I need help! What can I do so my miniature schanuzer doesn't go crazy every time she sees the brush?

It is very difficult to keep her still when I have to brush her hair and she tries to bite me. Any suggestions? Please.I need help! What can I do so my miniature schanuzer doesn't go crazy every time she sees the brush?
Okay, you are not going to be able to do a good job brushing for awhile, so sit tight.





When does she get crazy? When you first start to brush? When you sit down with her to brush her? When you get the brush? When you walk to get the brush? When ever it is, take one step back and praise her for being calm.





For example, you sit down with her to brush her she starts getting upset. Then you are going to take once step back from that. You are going to take out the brush walk up to your dog and give her a treat. Do that several times throughout the day. Just take out the brush, walk up to your dog and give her a treat.





When she is happy with that. Take out the bursh and sit down with her, give her a treat and put the brush away. If she gets upset at any step, take a step back and treat her when she is calm.





Keep doing this one step at a time until you can sit down with her and the brush and brush her. It will take a while.





and before anyone suggestions it. don't use a shock collar.I need help! What can I do so my miniature schanuzer doesn't go crazy every time she sees the brush?
my dogs don't like being groomed either. the best advice I can offer is to make the sessions ';short and sweet';, with lots of praise and treats for when she behaves properly. how does she do with the groomer?


biting you is a serious issue, and that may need professional help to solve.
put a piece of meat on it..like with a rubber band..lol
  • masks
  • cannon ink
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment