Friday, January 8, 2010

How often should I clean my foundation brush? ?

I use a flat design I use it to apply cream foundation how often should I clean it and how and with what? Should I use a brush cleanser or soap and water. I find that it can be very hard to remove the product out of the brush there is always residue left.How often should I clean my foundation brush? ?
you should clean them every other day and deep clean them every week.





I don't use foundation much, but when I do, I wash it immediately after I apply it. I don't want to take my chances and break outHow often should I clean my foundation brush? ?
You're supposed to wash your foundation brush after every single use because it gets moist and can harbor bacteria. I wash all of my brushes in baby shampoo and let them air dry overnight. You can get all the product out if you swish the brush is warm, soapy water and rinse thoroughly. You might have to repeat this several times. Just make sure you are very gentle. It's a good idea to have a second foundation brush so you always have a clean one ready while the other one is drying out.
I clean my brushes monthly with hot soapy water and vinegar in a coffee sized cup. The vinegar has natural anti-bacterial properties in it. I use a dye and fragrance free liquid soap from seventh generation. Thuis is a very natural cleanser so it will not irritate your skin.





I allow my brushes to soak in the steaming hot solution for 10 min and then I rinse thouroughly. Allow to dry completely before use. There's no science in how to mix up the solution just like one drop of soap, enough to make some suds and equal parts water and vinegar. Lots of luck! :)
You should deep clean your brushes every week or every other week. All you need is a mild soap or a baby shampoo. All you do is wet it and apply your soap or shampoo on the brush. Then rub the brush up and down a couple of times to work the soap through. Then rinse until the water turns clear again. You might have to repeat one more time. Lay flat on a towel and let dry over night.
I would suggest once a week or once every 2 weeks!





Brushes like sponges carry bacteria and germs in addition to cleaning them I would suggest switching to a new brush every month as well. Because this is used on your face with open pores it's a great idea to keep the brush as fresh as possible to avoid and limit breakouts!
once a week or you can get bacterica on it or get infections etc





get baby shampoo and gently wash it with that and thenleave it in water for a while and then it dry overnight!





also bourjois has a new foundation with a brush built in so you know!! xx
It depends how often you use it. If you use it everyday you should be cleaning it out around once a week, once a month at max.





Here's a youtube vid that shows how to properly cleanse your brushes without damaging them or making the hairs fall out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0THVu8jNW鈥?/a>
every time you use it.





you can use soap and water, (warm water)





yeah, I hate it when it dosn't clean completly, i find seperating the bristles and really cleaning it thoroughly works.

No comments:

Post a Comment